This soup is perfect in every way. It is easy in the crockpot, makes your house smell delicious, and hits every comfort food craving. It is a wild game spin on an Olive Garden classic.
Hot Italian Bear Zuppa Toscana – Crockpot
Serves: 6 Cooking Time: 4-8 hours
- 1 lb. Hot Italian Bear Sausage (can sub regular ground meat and add red pepper flakes to desired spice)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 large potatoes, diced 1/2″
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream (can sub for coconut cream, coconut cream is the thicker portion of a separated can of coconut milk)
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped into bite size pieces
- If your sausage is in casings, cut into bite sized pieces into the crock pot. If your sausage is more like normal ground meat, separate onto large bit size pieces and drop into crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients (except the flour, heavy whipping cream, and kale) to the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- 30 minutes before you are ready to eat, mix the flour and the milk together. Add both the flour/ milk mixture and the Kale to the crockpot. Continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! It pairs great with a piece of Texas Toast.